Guide Me
star_border

Data Studio - Event dimensions

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

In our GA we track downloaded files, mailto links, outbound links, and outbound downloads using the three event dimensions. How do I get these to show up individually as a scorecard in Data Studio?

Thanks and excuse me if the answer is obvious--I'm totally new to GA and Data Studio.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author ACFDIGITAL
August 2016

Re: Data Studio - Event dimensions

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Found this answer from Nick in another post. Thanks Nick

'Hi Michele,
You could create a scorecard for the metric "total events" then just filter by the dimension "event label" and match it to the event you're wanting to report on. You may just need to create a separate text field though to use as the label as I believe the scorecard title will just read "total events".
Thanks,
Nick

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author ACFDIGITAL
August 2016

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Found this answer from Nick in another post. Thanks Nick

'Hi Michele,
You could create a scorecard for the metric "total events" then just filter by the dimension "event label" and match it to the event you're wanting to report on. You may just need to create a separate text field though to use as the label as I believe the scorecard title will just read "total events".
Thanks,
Nick

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
It would be more accurate to use sumOf "uniqueEvents" or "PDF/Mailto GoalCompletions" (rather than sumOf "Events") in your filtered scorecard.

Thanks

Phil

Data Studio - Event dimensions

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

On the Metric use Sessions and under Filter add a new filter for whatever event category you want to show up. It should look something like Include > Event Category > Contains > Downloads. You should do this for every new event that you want to show for instance you might want to show Downloads and Sign up events separately should add filters for each one of them and select the right filter to show each event category sum.

Hope this helps..

S