AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Data Studio
4.7K members online now
4.7K members online now
Ask questions about Data Studio
Guide Me
star_border

Data Studio - Dynamic Filter Control

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm looking to produce a 'Score Card' filtered & summed for certain 'Week Numbers', effectively it's the sum of the last employee payrun.  These 'week numbers' I'm looking to filter, don't follow a perfect two week cycle.  I have an equation that determines what the week numbers are, relational to 'today's date'. (see below).

Is there a way of filtering the results based on an 'individual cell value', in this case A2, that changes rather than filtering on a set date time frame, such as 2 weeks etc, or a fixed name or number? 

My current work around is a vlookup array column in 'Google Sheets' (the source) that effectively assigns a Yes/No value to the rows, and then creating a Case filter based on 'Yes' for example. 

Formula to produce the last pay week, A2.  A1 produces the current week Number. 

A1:   =weeknum(today())-1

A2    =if(iseven(A1-2)A1-2A1-3)

Any thoughts greatly appreciated.

Data Studio - Dynamic Filter Control

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

I don't believe we can filter by metrics yet so you may have already found the next best solution.