4.4K members online now
Ask questions about Data Studio
Guide Me
star_border

Data Studio - Drill-Down

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

When will a drill-down gadget be made available in Data Studio.  I would love to build a report that allows navigation from top-level aggregation thru a defined hierarchy to show deeper and deeper diving into the data details.

Thank You!

BTW - Data Studio is awesome.  I use it every day to refresh my information and develop a reports.

Data Studio - Drill-Down

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Would love the same solution for drill down across our website.

Data Studio - Drill-Down

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

there is a column I read that claims Data studio can allow up to four layers of drill down

Re: Data Studio - Drill-Down

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Will you please share the information in this thread?

Data Studio - Drill-Down

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm interested in reading that column. Can you please provide the link or the name of the site? Thanks.

Data Studio - Drill-Down

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

"

There are dimensions for Page Paths 1-4. You can add them to a table side by sid. You will probably want to use the session level metric(s) instead of page level metrics since you are are viewing multiple steps rather than a single page.

This will effectively give you the top paths visitors take when they hit your  your site, but you will not be able to view more than 4 Pages down. 

If you want more depth, you can use the Page Dimension instead of paths 1-4 and add a drop down filter for Page depth. This will allow you to see the top pages viewed at each level by manually selecting the page depth you are interested in. "..... that is what i had come across when i was finding a way to create drill downs

Data Studio - Drill-Down

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you. I read this but I wasn't sure if it were for GA or not. I only have access to Google Sheets and Data Studio. When I read this particular option, dismissed it because don't know how to do that yet.

I've only been doing Data Studio for 2 months now.

I'll see if I can find some documentation on how that works.

Thank you for letting me know that it is possible.

Re: Data Studio - Drill-Down

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Did anyone find the solution to this ? Instructions above seems to relate to Google Analytics. Anyone tried above on DataStudio?

Data Studio - Drill-Down

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Is drilldown possible yet?

Data Studio - Drill-Down

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Any developments on this topic?