1.5K members online now
Ask questions about Data Studio
Guide Me
star_border

Data Studio: Day comparison not working in tables

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

In data studio I am able to compare previous year, by day on line charts, but not in tables. My dates are setup as YYYY-MM-DD. Within Tables I am able to do a comparison when using other date/time function (grouping by weekly, monthly, yearly all work okay).

Why won't the data table let me compare by day if the line chart recognizes everything without any issue?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Zachary V
March 2017

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

It does let you do this if you use day index instead of date. I think the problem is that the date has the year in it and for some reason, that's confusing the change over previous year option. If you use day index as your dimension and filter the date range to include just the dates you're interested in, this may be a workaround for you. Not as user friendly if you have others trying to understand it, though...

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Zachary V
March 2017

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

It does let you do this if you use day index instead of date. I think the problem is that the date has the year in it and for some reason, that's confusing the change over previous year option. If you use day index as your dimension and filter the date range to include just the dates you're interested in, this may be a workaround for you. Not as user friendly if you have others trying to understand it, though...

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks for the reply! It's a shame just using the standard date won't work, but your suggestion is just what I was looking for.