AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Data Studio
4.8K members online now
4.8K members online now
Ask questions about Data Studio
Guide Me
star_border

Data Studio Data doesn't match GA Data

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Data is way off for some reason. For instance sessions for November should be around 15k but in a simple sessions line graph in data studio, it shows just 149?

This is the true to a lesser extent for other data sources. Any ideas?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

The line graphs will only show total sessions by day. I would suggest using a scorecard if you want to see a rollup of total sessions over a certain date range.
I would also make sure that you are not using any audience Segments or filters in Analytics when comparing results to Data Studio.
I would also double check that both apps are using the same date ranges. It seems obvious but it's an oversight that I see with clients on a regular basis.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. Even with the score card, the numbers are still way off for some reason

Google Employee
# 4
Google Employee

Hi Travis,

Can you share the report with data-studio-help@google.com along with a link to this thread and we'll take a look?

Google Employee
# 5
Google Employee

Hi Travis,

Can you send a screenshot of the number from GA with the correct settings as well?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Dave, 

I just sent the screenshot to the data-studio-help@google.com email.