AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Data Studio
2K members online now
2K members online now
Ask questions about Data Studio
Guide Me
star_border

Data Studio Data Page Data Doesn't Match GA

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

When I add page dimension to my data studio report, it appears to pulling in landing pages.  How do I pull in the all pages data from GA?

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Matt H
November 2016

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Matt, 

Sessions correspond with entrances when applied to a hit level dimension such as page, so it makes sense for sessions to be equal for both Page and Landing Page. To get data for all pages, use Page as the dimension and pageviews and/or unique pageviews as the metric(s). If you're trying to figure out how many sessions saw a specific page, Unique Pageviews is the metric you're looking for. 

Best,

Mike 

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Use Page instead of Landing Page.

For easy debugging, add the Sessions metric. The metric will contain lower values for a Pages reports than for Landing Page reports (sessions are only attributed to pages if sessions begin with said page).

VP & Chief Evangelist at Hub'Scan | Contact me
Level 80 Digital Analytics Warrior, KPI Therapist and Keeper of the One True Tagging Plan

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I get the exact same number of sessions when I use either page or landing page as the dimension.

http://screencast.com/t/gH8d6vekYfym

http://screencast.com/t/pc9cMFS6F

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Matt H
November 2016

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Matt, 

Sessions correspond with entrances when applied to a hit level dimension such as page, so it makes sense for sessions to be equal for both Page and Landing Page. To get data for all pages, use Page as the dimension and pageviews and/or unique pageviews as the metric(s). If you're trying to figure out how many sessions saw a specific page, Unique Pageviews is the metric you're looking for. 

Best,

Mike 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks, that worked!