Ask questions about Data Studio
Guide Me
star_border

Data Studio - DCM - Advertiser list

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

When creating a new dataset in Data Studio, if I choose a large network with a few hundred advertisers I can't see all advertisers in the filter list.

When searching the Advertiser also doesn't appear.

I pushed the data in with all Advertisers and then applied a filter to check and the particular Advertiser is in the dataset and has data so perhaps the filter is limited to only the top Advertisers by impressions or something?

Thanks,

Simon

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Simon W
March 2017

Google Employee
# 5
Google Employee

Hi @Simon W -- wanted to let you know that a fix for this issue has been released! Can you please try setting up another DCM account and let us know if the entire list of advertisers come through?

Thanks!

Alon

View solution in original post

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Hi @Simon W -- thanks for the question. We looked into this and it does seem we currently only retrieve 100 advertisers in the list when defining a connector (as you note the actual data for all advertisers is pulled in when "All advertisers" is selected).

We're going improve this so that all advertisers show up in the list. I'll update this thread as soon as that's done. Thanks!

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm sure there is a size limit of 100 now since Alon G checked.

But I have a similar issue when I first used data studio caused by a different issue. For me, I've less advertisers than your list but the filter does not show all of them.

As you rightly stated the default filter them by impressions, so for advertiser without impressions, they were dropped. My workaround was to create a custom metric which don't seems to be affected by this.

Hope this helps.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Chun,

Thanks for your reply, I had a quick look and the specific advertiser I was looking for has Impressions for every day in the last few months so I'm not sure it is filtered by Impressions but thanks for the suggestion.

@Alon Thanks for looking into it and I'll watch out for an update on the thread, thanks!

Simon

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Simon W
March 2017

Google Employee
# 5
Google Employee

Hi @Simon W -- wanted to let you know that a fix for this issue has been released! Can you please try setting up another DCM account and let us know if the entire list of advertisers come through?

Thanks!

Alon

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi @Alon_G,

Perfect seems to be working great, thanks for fixing it so quickly!

Thanks,

Simon