Guide Me
star_border

Data Studio - Custom Dimension

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi everyone!

Does anyone knows if I can put, as a chart or something, a heatmaping in my data studio report?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Eduardo S
March 2017

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 6
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

There isn't a heat map option that's user friendly. However, I have done this a bit (very manually) by:

1. Taking a screenshot of the page

2. Loading the screenshot into DS as an image file

3. Using scorecards next to whatever link I want to track

4. Filtering the scorecards based on the previous page (the page you screen shotted) and the current page (the link they clicked on)

They take up a lot of memory if you use a lot of them, but it does give you as close to a heat map as you can likely get right now.

View solution in original post

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

As long as the metric is compatible with the chart type or can be interpreted as a heat map I don't see why it can't be done.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you, Chun Pong, but I'm new in this matter, so I need to know how if I can put in my data studio report the heatmapping as I see on the website's Google Analytics view; what I mean is, in that view, you can see the % of clicks into an specific area, like a product image or click to call. Do you know what I mean?

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

As far as I've seen there is not such an option unless you have a static heat map image you want to import there in no heat map option in the menu of data studio.

Hope that helps

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks O Oscar, that's what I thought...

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Eduardo S
March 2017

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 6
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

There isn't a heat map option that's user friendly. However, I have done this a bit (very manually) by:

1. Taking a screenshot of the page

2. Loading the screenshot into DS as an image file

3. Using scorecards next to whatever link I want to track

4. Filtering the scorecards based on the previous page (the page you screen shotted) and the current page (the link they clicked on)

They take up a lot of memory if you use a lot of them, but it does give you as close to a heat map as you can likely get right now.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

That's great!!! Thankyou +Litmon!!!!!