AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Data Studio
4.9K members online now
4.9K members online now
Ask questions about Data Studio
Guide Me
star_border

Data Studio - Custom Dimension - Get rid of some pages

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey guys,

so, I've a website that has three set of pages with different urls: 

1. www.website.com/city-date (i.e. africa-2017)

2. www.website.com/country-date (i.e. italy-2017)

3. www.website.com/country-country-date (i.e. iceland-italy-2017)

I would like to create a custom dimension with 3 parameters for checking the performance of the different sets, I used this regex formula:

CASE WHEN REGEXP_MATCH(Landing Page, "^.*(africa|asia|oceania|europe|north-america|latin-america).*") THEN "Continent"

WHEN REGEXP_MATCH(Landing Page, "^.*(japan-january|japan-february|iceland|italy|india|canada|new-zealand|australia|scotland|ireland|cuba|usa|greece|thailand|spain|vietnam|south-africa|israel|cambodia|switzerland|peru|croatia|germany|morocco|egypt|nepal|philippines|portugal|turkey|russia|china|france|korea|sri-lanka|norway|costa-rica|bhutan|cambodia|south-africa|singapore|great-britain|romania|england|netherlands|kenya|malaysia|austria|chile|egypt|taiwan|brazil|albania|argentina|mexico|jordan).*") THEN "Country" ELSE "Other" END

Unfortunately it doesn't work in differentiate the country-date set from the country-country-set because both fall into the "Country" parameters since some countries are in the urls of both the sets. 

Can you help me in finding a way for differentiating the two sets?

Thank you!