AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Data Studio
4.5K members online now
4.5K members online now
Ask questions about Data Studio
Guide Me
star_border

Data Studio - Create Dimensions

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi!

I would like to create a calculated field in Data Studio in order to measure the Profit of each of my products.

Then, the formula is quite basic and simple: Product Revenue - (Quantity sold x Cost of purchased Product).

However, in order to do so, I have to create a new dimension in which each SKU (product article) is a separate dimension (since the price I buy my products are different for each & the price I sell it for, is likewise).

Any suggestions or alternative to solve my issue? Smiley Happy

Thank you in advance,

Regards,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Nicolas C
February 2017

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

You should be able to add a generic formula to Data Studio and add Product SKU as a Breakdown Dimension, this should filter the revenue for each product. Or you can create a filter with the SKU or list of SKUs you would like to have in each report. I hope this helps! Let me know if it solves your problem...

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Nicolas C
February 2017

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

You should be able to add a generic formula to Data Studio and add Product SKU as a Breakdown Dimension, this should filter the revenue for each product. Or you can create a filter with the SKU or list of SKUs you would like to have in each report. I hope this helps! Let me know if it solves your problem...

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you for your kind answer Helena.

Here is the point:

- "Product SKU" already exists as a dimension in Data studio, however this gathers ALL the SKUs I have. Then what I need is to create one dimension corresponding to one unique SKU as each of my SKU have a different purchase price. Then, I will be able to make the following formula : Profit of Unique SKU (dimension) = Revenue (per SKU) - (Unique purchase (for each SKU) x Purchase price (I will create one metric for each SKU)).

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

did you try to add the SKU you want as a filter to your report? 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

This way I will not be able to make a breakdown table report. Might be quite inconvinient as part of a presentation to make one report for one SKU (considering I have more than 80 SKUs)

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Basically, now what I am doing is the following: Product Revenue - (quantity * X). So indeed, If I filter the SKU I can have the gross profit of one SKU per card, and I have to create one different metric for all of my SKUs (with a different purchase price).

Do you think there is a way to automatize all this by linkingone metric gathering all purchase price SKUs? Then, One formula would be enough = Product Revenue - (Quantity * Product Purchase Price).

This way, I would be able to create one table report calculating automatically gross profit for all my SKUs.

Thanks for your help!