2K members online now
Ask questions about Data Studio
Guide Me
star_border

Data Studio Configuration is Invalid error

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Whenever I try to connect my Adwords or Analytics account with the new Data Studio, I get a 'Configuration is Invalid' error, even though everything should connect- below is the error details:

The data source no longer has access to the underlying dataset. Please contact the data source owner to fix it.

Re: Data Studio Configuration is Invalid error

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I'm having same issue for weeks.

Re: Data Studio Configuration is Invalid error

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I too have been having the same issue for a few weeks. All of my connects worked originally and a few of my clients loved the reports I had developed. Now they do not work!

Really hope they get this resolved as soon as possible.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Ugh, just woke up to this problem today. Just started creating another report, this time mostly from Google Analytics, and suddenly this morning my Adwords reports seems broken.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I just discovered that the only charts giving me errors this mornings are the ones with filters. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Got the same "Configuration error" when applying a filter.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 7
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

I discover today that some metrics used in my charts are giving me "configuration is invalid" Error. 

For exemple, "Nb of uniques events (new)": there is a new field in GA with the name "Unique Events". I needed to change my metric and now my chart is working right.

Try to look if one of your metrics used in your report or charts didn't changed

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Now I get "Error with SQL statement: ERROR: argument of WHERE must be type boolean, not type text[]" when using a filter.

So I tried creating a calculated field using "REGEXP_MATCH(key, 'preview.*')" but I get "Invalid formula" for some reason...

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

So I've been getting this error too, and I found that if I change my filters to not use RegEx then it would fix the problem. It's only been for a few metrics too, one that I use frequently is CTR. This was working fine for me until I needed an "OR" in my filter... Same issue as when I used RegEx. Really hope there's a fix for this soon! 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Last week I made a ton of filters using or and configurations using regex that all worked great, today I get this error. How can I fix it without removing my filters and configurations?