Ask questions about Data Studio
Guide Me
star_border

Data Studio Configuration Incomplete

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I've recently ran into an issue while using Data Studio. I've created multiple reports linked to my Google Analytics Account, but when I re-open the report a day after creating it all of the graphs say "Configuration Incomplete, Invalid Dimension, Metric ,or Filter Selected". When I click on Manage added data sources under the Resource tab it says that status is "working". I did not have this issue the past two weeks, just recently.

Would anyone know what could be causing this or how I can fix it without re-doing all of the reports? 

Thanks,

Devin

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We have a similar issue. Works fine when I'm logged in with my Google account to build it but when I share the link with viewers all the charts say 'Configuration Incomplete'. Frustrating. Especially since the exact same query shows on another page for linked viewers without issue.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Maybe a Google employee could answer better than me, but I think sometimes they adjust the data source template for GA. When they do, you have to reconnect your data source and it should work again. It did happen some months ago, but not recently.

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

This is a bug, and one of my client email address broke dozens of reports. There is nothing I can do anymore. Before it was a reconnecting issue, now it just shows "invalid" for the selected metrics and dimensions. The only way to get it working is using the client's email address to manage their account. I have resorted to a different email address as it is still not fixed.

I have actually found a workaround that fixed it. Decided to make a blog about the solution. https://zimamedia.com/how-to-fix-google-data-studio-system-authorization-error/