AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Data Studio
4.8K members online now
4.8K members online now
Ask questions about Data Studio
Guide Me
star_border

Data Studio Configuration Error

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm having some problems with my daily updated sheets. Every day when my single data source (google sheets) is updated for new data, my report will get a configuration error with all the charts that use that data source. This requires me to reset the connection on every single chart, even though I'm just reconnecting to the same data source that I've already had. There seems like there should be a simple solution to this. Due I not have something enabled that allows for the updating of sheets without configuration errors?

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi @Graham Mac,

Are you able to share the error you are receiving, if there is any detail in it?

Have you tried adding the data source again, as a new source, and replacing the current version?

Ben

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I can't share the data error now because I've already resolved it manually today with all of my reports. Early tomorrow morning when the reports update, I can share a picture of the "Configuration Error" window

I've added the data source again as a new source and reconnected, but that is a tedious task and something I don't want to do with over 10 reports every single day. I was hoping there was some sort of set up error I had that is preventing my reports from updating correctly every day.