1.5K members online now
Ask questions about Data Studio
Guide Me
star_border

Data Studio Configuration Error

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm trying to build a report in Data Studio that uses compiled data in a Google Docs spreadsheet. When I connect the data, I get a configuration error with a suggestion to refresh data source fields. When I go to the data source in Data Studio and click on the Refresh Fields button, the resulting pop-up says No Field Changes Were Found. I've tried inserting a blank column in the sheet and then deleting it before refreshing, and get the same results. I'm stuck. Any help?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Anyone? I can provide more information if needed, just don't know what else to add. 

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

I've gotten this error more frequently lately. I've generally solved it by either recreating the visualization, or by deleting the data source and re-adding. This may not be feasible if you have a lot of different charts already connected to that source, though.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have the same issue, could you please clarify did you solve it?

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

I haven't had this problem lately, so I guess it's resolved. Did you try recreating a visualization and deleting/re-adding the data source?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Yes I did, but it didn't help so I started googling and found this topic https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/Data-Studio/Unable-to-connect-to-views-in-PostgreSQL/m-p/1...

It seems it is known issue and I hope that soon it will be fixed