Ask questions about Data Studio
Guide Me
star_border

Data Studio Configuration Error

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I had built a report and data studio which was working 100% fine up until this morning when I went to open it. Upon going into the data sources section I noticed there was a sheet titled (unknown) that had an error message beside it, when I tried to click it I was brought to a page with a 404 error. I went and delete this file thinking that things would be fine but I am still seeing a configuration error on every page of my report. I went through my filters as well and everything is running fine. 

Has anyone else had this problem before? It seems like this sheet has corrupted my entire report . I am only using one data source for my entire report (Analytics view) 

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you. 

1 Expert replyverified_user

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Hi Simon,

Sorry to hear you're having this problem. To clarify, this is a report based on Google Analytics? Or Google Sheets? And when you see you went to the " data sources section", does that mean you used the Resources > Manage added data sources dialog? Was that where you got an error that led to a 404?

Can you try reconnecting the data source?  Edit the data source and click Edit connection on the left, then click Reconnect in the upper right.

Hope this helps!

Rick

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey Rick, I'm having this issue as well. Google Sheets is my data source; this started when I added a column to my sheet and reconnected the data source. Every table, graph, etc. shows "Configuration Error". The fields are still populated correctly in the "Create New Metric" menu, and I am able to create a new report with the same data table. Any ideas?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Alright, after some investigating, I have two "Date" fields in my data table. One of them is working as a dimension, and the other is not. I tried copying the offending column from my google sheet to a new column to test new date formats, but I have not even been able to make a newly added date field work. Not sure what the solution is, but any help is appreciated.

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Sean,

If "Date" is the issue, then can you try changing the date format to "YYYYMMDD". It worked in my case Smiley Happy

Cheers!

Angel

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey Angel! Thanks for the reply; when I tried that, it gave me an error about not being able to recognize the format of the data. I reloaded the data from my master and tried again, no luck. BUT - I walked away for about 15 minutes and came back, and it worked! It might have just needed a data cache refresh. Thanks for the help!