Ask questions about Data Studio
Guide Me
star_border

Data Studio Compatible Google Sheets

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I am a data engineer at a Rev365, a technology firm and have some issues figuring out how to create a google sheets that I can use as a source for Google Data Studio Beta. I have a google sheet which is a normal sheet with column titles and values, but when I import it as a source in google data studio, I am not able to see metrics, it only recognizes dimensions. Need some help figuring out how to set dimensions and metrics.

Thank you 

Dhairya

Data Studio Compatible Google Sheets

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Usually, a column/field in a Google Sheet wioth numeric values will be interpreted as a Metric (blue in the Data Source definition). If, for some reason this does not happen, at least in my cases I can force the field to be interpreted as a Metric by selecting the appropriate way to aggregate the values in the column "Aggregation" (for the pop-up menu to appear, the values must first be forced to be interpreted as a numeric value in the "Type" column, if that is not already correct). Usually, the default way to aggregate is by "Sum"

Similiarly, you can force a field to be handled as a Dimension by selecting Aggregation "None", even if the values are numeric.