AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Data Studio
4.3K members online now
4.3K members online now
Ask questions about Data Studio
Guide Me
star_border

Data Studio - Column with values separated by commas

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi everyone, i did a table using Google sheets and in this table i have a column (let's call it CATEGORIES) with text values (these text values come from other 4 columns, each column can only have one value, i used the JOIN formula with a FILTER, so not all columns need to have data) separated by commas, (CATE1,CATE2,CATE3,CATE4) or (CATE1,CATE3) or (CATE2,CATE3,CATE4),etc. My problem is, for example, when i try to do a bar chart in Data Studio using the CATEGORIES column and a numeric column to see how much is the sum of something for each category, what happens is that i get all the different cases. I want to see just CATE1  CATE2  CATE3  CATE4  , but i get CATE1  CATE2  CATE3  CATE1,CATE3  CATE4,CATE2  . Thank you for your help

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

I'm not entirely sure why this is happening. It might help if you split the categories into separate columns instead of having them in the same cell offset by commas.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I would like the feature to let me filter a comma separated list as described here:
https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/Data-Studio/filter-columns-containing-a-list-of-comma-sepa...
Does this feature will be available in datastudio ??