Data Studio
2.6K members online now
2.6K members online now
Ask questions about Data Studio
Guide Me
star_border

Data Studio (Beta) - Free Reports - but for how long?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello All,

I opened up a free Data Studio account - our organization does not have GA 360 - and I wanted to check if the "5 free reports" that they are advertising for non-premium customers are going to be ongoing or if they are going to "expire" after a certain amount of time. The reason I ask is that our organization is unlikely to ever get GA 360 and I do not want to move our reports over to data studio and then have the "free" reports suddenly require payment to use.

Thanks,

TPeterson

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Tami P
June 2016

Re: Data Studio (Beta) - Free Reports - but for how long?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I guess we'd really need Google to confirm on this (which may never happen) but my understanding is that there will always be a free tier of Data Studio.

There hasn't been any update to the Dashboards function in Google Analytics for some time now, so I wonder whether we'll eventually see Data Studio more fully integrated into Google Analytics and replacing old-style dashboards.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Tami P
June 2016

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I guess we'd really need Google to confirm on this (which may never happen) but my understanding is that there will always be a free tier of Data Studio.

There hasn't been any update to the Dashboards function in Google Analytics for some time now, so I wonder whether we'll eventually see Data Studio more fully integrated into Google Analytics and replacing old-style dashboards.

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Here you go....

Asked on Twitter:

Will the free version of GDS always be available for use with GA and AdWords? Thanks!

@SFGreg We don't have any information on this at the moment, but stay posted for any updates! -Mitch