Guide Me
star_border

Data Studio Auto Refresh - Solution

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi everybody,

Since there's no built-in function for that yet, I've created a tiny Chrome extension that takes control and refresh your Data-Studio reports every X minutes ans also paginate between report pages. Great for big screen dashboards Smiley Happy

You can find it here: https://goo.gl/K93Iay

cover1280800.png

Dru
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Dru
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Awesome Sauce! I am implementing my data sets into our CRM so this will come in SUPER HANDY!! 

--- A virtual pint of beer has been purchased for @Assaf T

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Cheers mate!

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

btw, it's not the F5 regular refresh, but the real internal dashboard refresh

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, thank you for sharing - this is awesome! I try to visualize data from our database and because ssl is not supported by data studio actually, we decided to export a csv and use it in data studio with a google sheet. When I update or insert data the plug-in works fine. Because this is a bit work by hand I thought I'll ask you if this is the best way to do it at the moment...? Thank you and all the best

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

If your DB is mySQL, then DS just announced support mySQL SSL. I guess soon it will be supported for other DB's as well.

Another option, you can use (like I do) Supermetrics plugin for Google Drive, get your DB data to Google sheets, plus they have a feature to schedule refresh the data, and there you go. no more CSV and manual stuff.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you for your fast reply! Hope the support will come soon Smiley Happy And thank you for the hint - I will check if this is an option for us.

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

It's a Chrome extension, hence, works only when Chrome is open.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks for a great tool!

I have one problem. The pagination doesn't work properly. I have 13 pages on my report and only pages 1-3 are showing.

Any ideas on this?

Thanks again!

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

Just tested it with 20 pages report and it goes well. from 1 to 20 and back from 20 to 1.

Maybe try to reinstall the extension.