AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Data Studio
2.2K members online now
2.2K members online now
Ask questions about Data Studio
Guide Me
star_border

Data Studio - Adwords budget

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello, community!

I wonder if we could obtain Adwords' Account Budget as a metric or dimension in Data Studio. The idea is that we can actually calculate pacing and this is fundamental to do so.

Right now, I can pull the Dimension "Budget", but I reckon this is only the one that comes for as in Daily Budget. The multiplication of that Daily Budget with a number of days in a month, does not create an accurate representation of the total account budget for that month.

Is there any way to solve this?

Please let me know.

Best.

Mark.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi!

I want to make dashboard how we spend adwords account budget - but Data Studio hvnt any metric for this. I try to make calculation formula, but i dont know how to do it... yet... Smiley Wink
So I'm curious to solve this too.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I would love to know this too. Given that adwords spends more than the daily budget, it's far more important to report on monthly budget. I can do this so easily in Excel but please let us do it in data studio!

I've tried a calculated field with =sum(Budget) but it says "Re-aggregating fields is not supported". I've tried changing to a metric instead of dimension (why is budget a dimension in the first place?), and following the same steps as the "Cost" metric which works fine at aggregate.