Ask questions about Data Studio
Guide Me
star_border

Data Source Refresh Bug

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi!

I have 2 reports facing the same issue. I have updated the Data Source (1 is Google Sheets, and 1 is BigQuery) and hit "Refresh" on the Data Studio report, but the updated fields have not come through.

Has anyone else experienced this? 

To Google, is this a known bug, and if yes, is a fix on the roadmap? Smiley Happy

Thanks,

Tanya

Data Source Refresh Bug

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Tanya, 

I think they may be in the middle of some maintenance work or adding features because I've had really big problems all day with my reports. Here's to crossing our fingers this gets sorted out soon. Smiley Happy

Data Source Refresh Bug

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We too are experiencing a similar problem using a BigQuery table that is continuously loaded.

We created a very simple report to check the ease of use of Data Studio using the table control.  We included just a few columns to verify and it is odd in that the Report has picked up a few events from different days but not all of the events.

Tried creating a data Source with NO calculated fields, same result.

Tried creating a new data source for a new report, same result.

Doing a preview or a query over the BigQuery table and ALL of the events and attributes are visible.

Thanks

Kevin

Data Source Refresh Bug

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have two discoveries that have contributed to my observation above:

1. Remove the enable cache on the Report in File/ Report and Theme settings.

2. When reviewing SQL as executed from Data Studio against the BigQuery table I observed group bys which in effect removed rows from my table view on the report.  

https://bigquery.cloud.google.com/queries/<datasetname>