AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Data Studio
1.4K members online now
1.4K members online now
Ask questions about Data Studio
Guide Me
star_border

Data Source Change of a Page

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Good morning, 

I am trying to change the data source of a page and it does not  change the data of the graphics. 

I followed the instructions of this site : https://support.google.com/360suite/datastudio/answer/6350638?hl=en

I'll explain the problem: I have a default report  data source "DATA1". I want to change the data of an specific page to DATA2, so I added this data source to the report and set it as the data source of the page. DATA2 is well added into the page parameters, but the data of the graphics does not change and are still of DATA1. To change them I have to manually select the graphics one by one and change it to DATA2. 

My question is : setting a new data source in a page doesn't it mean that it will change automatically all the graphics in it ? 

Data Source Change of a Page

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi @Krystel M,

I don't believe you can set a filter to be 'page level' - it can either be report level or chart level, which would mean that you are correct in having to change the data source in each chart.

One little tip that may help, you can you can SHIFT+Click on all the charts on a page and change the data source on the right hand pane, this will change them all without having to go into each one at a time.

Hope that helps,

Ben