5.9K members online now
5.9K members online now
Ask questions about Data Studio
Guide Me
star_border

Data Parsing Error:The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey Guys,

Trying to see if anyone is having a similar issue.  I have been creating different cross channel metrics to track in Data Studio.  I have a total of 5 pages.  One for a quick overview, ecommerce, YouTube AdWords campaigns, YouTube Analytics, and General Audience overview through Google Analytics.

Overnight it appears that my YouTube AdWords campaign sheet will no longer parce data and my Audience overview page will not parce data either.  The second I use one of my filters to check by video type, or age group, or browser / device.  Any filter I try to use causes an error stating: The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request.

Again, every other page I have minus these two can parce data without an issue.  If I even migrate these reports on this page to another, it will pull properly...  

The reporting has been functional for weeks, and now I am having an error over night.  Is there anyone that has had a similar issue that can walk me through how to correct this?  Or is this possibly on Google's Side? Error.PNG

Data Parsing Error:The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

Unfortunately I don't have a proper solution to this issue but I think I encounter the same error as you.

Do you use filter command ? Because I have one page with datas that are filtered by a filter command (or filter widget, I'm not sure of the right name as I use the french version of Data Studio).

My filter is Segment Conversion Type Name and everything worked well before.

But now when I choose the conversion type name I want to select thanks to the filter command, I get "The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request" on all my datas.

I tried to create the page from scratch and it worked again but a few hours later, I got the same error.

I'm guessing it is an error from Google's side

I hope someone will shed light on this issue soon

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I actually have Chrome translate everything into french as well.  Nonetheless, it has not been an issue prior to this morning.  I can filter by Default channel grouping and source / medium.  Anything low-funnel... However when I start filtering by age, gender, New vs returning user, removing bounced sessions etc. I then get the error.  

I tried clearing cache, opening in a different browser and switching to English, however nothing seemed to change.  

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

*** Update: Something worth noting.  When you try to go to a page that is functional and give it the filter to search by age or returning versus new.  This will break that entire page.  For example, I have a page that only talks about sessions.  When you add age as a filter, the entire page breaks.

Highlighted

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have same issue! My reports worked for some weeks but today i have an error for viewers. Editors can see whole data but viewers can see only few tables. Another tables have The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request.