7.9K members online now
7.9K members online now
Ask questions about Data Studio
Guide Me
star_border
Highlighted

Data / Panel Info Doesn't Show in Chrome - OK in Firefox ?!

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Loving these reports but can't change them since no data appears in the panel - no data, no style info, nothing just blank white - if I click on layout info it just shows option to reset to default.  Nothing appears in the right-side panel regardless of whether I'm using my data or the sample data - the report itself populates fine.  Using Chrome - any settings I should be checking to get this info to show?

Update:  

So strangely this works in both my Firefox and even Safari browser on my phone, but nothing appears when using Google's own Chrome...I'm assuming it's not common so must be something on my PC?google data studio chrome.png

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

This happens to me when I first enter "Edit" mode for a page in a report and no charts or tables etc have been selected.  As soon as you click on one of the components on the page the Data section in the right-hand panel shows up.  If you de-select all components, i.e. click on the page background for example, the Data section disappears, leaving only the Layout and Theme sections.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I just get 'blank' panels all the time, no matter what components are selected.  

The only way I can use Data Studio is to edit in Firefox and even print from Firefox because a) the 'Export to PDF' button on the Studio interface doesn't work b) the free Chrome extension also doesn't work and c) when I print to PDF from Chrome it exports a blank page.  It's completely bizarre to me that this wonderful tool does not work in Chrome - for me - and yet it is built by Google and everyone else is able to use it...what could it be, about my laptop that's preventing all this working right?