Ask questions about Data Studio
Guide Me
star_border

Data Formatting and Publishing

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello All,

First time posting and have very little techy experience, but I'm learning how to visualize employment and wage data for my state here in Oregon. I'm independently producing our first Creative Industries Report. I'm mostly learning how to format my data for visualization, which I have many issues with. Google's Data Studio is the most simple and intuitive program I've used to teach myself, but will have a publishing dilemma. Not only would I have a clean pdf for my state's Creative Industries Report, I'd also like the data to be interactive through a website. 

I have a master sheet that has my 200 industry codes over a sixteen year period. The year is the only dimension that reads, but I have 200 industries as a dimension that I'd like to isolate over time. 

Ideally I would be able to create a filter for each of the 200 industry codes or titles where all but the selected dimension would show on a graph over a my sixteen year period. 

Any pointers? 

Thanks.

~ Michael

1 Expert replyverified_user

Data Formatting and Publishing

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Hi Michael,

If I understand correctly, you should be able to use a filter control on the page with the industry codes. See here: https://support.google.com/360suite/datastudio/answer/6312144?hl=en