Ask questions about Data Studio
Guide Me
star_border

Dashboard logs out after X time

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Data Studio friends,

I am the system administrator at a company. We use Google Data Studio to show on TV screens. For simplicity sake I configured it with my own mailaddress.

We use a chromebit in kiosk mode to show the dashboard, but after some time it logs out and I have to enter my password again to login.

A possible workaround is configuring it with a mailadress everybody knows who watches that TV, but it would be perfect if it never logged out. Is there something I can do so it never logs out? I know it's not possible now to share a dashboard publicly, which would probably solve the problem also.

It's crucial to have the dashboard running all the time.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Not for the time being.

If you want that data to be visible at all times, consider using other reporting APIs.

VP & Chief Evangelist at Hub'Scan | Contact me
Level 80 Digital Analytics Warrior, KPI Therapist and Keeper of the One True Tagging Plan

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks for the quick answer Julien. Do you know what triggers the logout? With my Gmail account I have the feeling it's almost never logged out on it's own.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi @Minardus v

I also show reports on a TV screen and I haven't experienced this issue - perhaps try another Google account and see if the issue persists?

Ben

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hmm thanks Ben, I will try a dedicated account for the dashboards which is not used by any real user. Maybe it's because I logout my own account a lot.