1.5K members online now
Ask questions about Data Studio
Guide Me
star_border

Custom time frame

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, I am looking for a possibility to create a custom time frame in Data Studio, i.e. I would like to be able to report data over the four weeks before the last two weeks (or, formulated differently: a report showing data from the last six weeks excluding the last two weeks). Is there any way to achieve this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Tom K
August

Custom time frame

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

Where is your data coming from?

There's no built in way to do this in Data Studio. However, if your data is in Sheets, then you could probably build a formula in Sheets that identifies if the date is from that period (Y/N toggle). Then you just need to apply a filter for the Y values in your DS chart, and it will restrict to that range. Not a clean workaround, but doable. 

If you're in GA or something directly streamed, I'm not sure if you could build a CASE statement or not. I'm not well versed, so perhaps someone else could chime in. 

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Tom K
August

Custom time frame

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

Where is your data coming from?

There's no built in way to do this in Data Studio. However, if your data is in Sheets, then you could probably build a formula in Sheets that identifies if the date is from that period (Y/N toggle). Then you just need to apply a filter for the Y values in your DS chart, and it will restrict to that range. Not a clean workaround, but doable. 

If you're in GA or something directly streamed, I'm not sure if you could build a CASE statement or not. I'm not well versed, so perhaps someone else could chime in. 

Custom time frame

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

The data is coming from Sheets, so your suggestion is a very doable workaround, until there is a way to achieve this via the built-in time frame selector without having to apply a filter to tables.

Like you suggested, I now check if a date is equal to or later than today minus 42 days, and before or equal to today minus 14 days. Based on that result, I set a value "In time frame" to Y or N. In Data Studio, I filter the data based on "In time frame" is equal to "Y".