AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Data Studio
2K members online now
2K members online now
Ask questions about Data Studio
Guide Me
star_border

Custom labels on scorecards

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm creating a custom report and I have many metrics which I've measured using events. But all the scorecards that I create have the label "Total events" which is not helpful at all. It'd be great if I could customize the label on the scorecards.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi, change the labels in your data source definitions

VP & Chief Evangelist at Hub'Scan | Contact me
Level 80 Digital Analytics Warrior, KPI Therapist and Keeper of the One True Tagging Plan

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

If you are creating multiple scorecards for different events by filtering each scorecard to display unique event types, I would suggest disabling the titles from the Style tab and then create new, custom titles by adding text boxes above each Scorecard. 

If you want to use just one scorecard for all events but you would just like to call Events something else, like "Actions," then I would recommend changing the name of the metric in the data source settings. This method will change the title across all chart types.