Ask questions about Data Studio
Guide Me
star_border

Custom MTD Date Range

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Is there a way to create a custom date range option that will use the current "first day of the month" to the current day, i.e the current month to date? I am looking to compare previous MTD range with current MTD range. I know that "Month" is an option that uses the current month, and then you can select the current day (or any other day) to achieve your MTD range. It would be nice to have that as an option for a default date range. We have this week, last week, this month. last month etc., but not MTD.

If today is April 17, 2017, the default date range would be "April 1, 2017 - April 17, 2017" (or April 16, 2017, if "include today" is unchecked).

The previous period of comparison would be "March 1, 2017 - March 17, 2017" (or March 16, 2017, if "include today" is unchecked).

Thanks,

Don

Custom MTD Date Range

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Don,

I have worked on a similar issue and resolved it by creating a custom check field in my spreadsheet and using this as a table/chart filter.

The custom check column checks whether the date in the date column is before or equal to today month, today day, today year -1. 

i.e
if today= April 1 2017  then
Date = April 1, 2016 Then 1 
Date = April 10, 2016 Then 0

In Report Filter, exclude where "Check" field = 0

This will allow for a dynamic MTD to the day without the need to create a second user input filter.

Custom MTD Date Range

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

It would be great if there were a filter for that without doing it manually Smiley Wink 

Anyway, wonderful solution!!