AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Data Studio
3.1K members online now
3.1K members online now
Ask questions about Data Studio
Guide Me
star_border

Currency Conversion on the fly

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi all!

The base currency on my website is US$ and that's what gets reported in Google Analytics (which is my data source for Data Studio).

I would however like all the reports to display Revenue numbers NZ$.

Is there a way in Data Studio to do a conversion based on an exchange rate feed?

I have created a custom metric that multiplies the Revenue metric by the current exchange rate but I would love not to have to change it manually. :-)

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

I don't believe there is a way, however I've had the same issue so I too would like to hear if there is a way to do as described!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I too would love a more elegant solution as described!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Same issue here. Can i create a new field with an api call? 

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

I'm hoping that down the road Data Studio would introduce something similar to a 'Parameter' in Tableau where each Parameter Selection (via dropdown menu) could be tied to a different calculation/definition.  This would allow functionality where each "Parameter" option, for example, would result in = (Metric * Parameter Value) and then any number of calculations could be performed, in this case the user defines each option to be based on currency valuations.