5.4K members online now
Ask questions about Data Studio
Guide Me
star_border

Creating themes or templates in Data Studio

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

I'm creating reports in Data Studio using our company colours, which at the moment means that I'm copying & pasting the RGB values into the custom colour section each time. 

Is it possible to create a customised theme or template with our colour palette?

Thank you!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

At our studio, once we've created one document that has assets we'd like to flow into other reports, we currently go to Edit > File > Make a copy... and use that original file as the base for the next.

Not exactly the same as being able to save your own template, but it works for now.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Bronwyn V (Top Contributor)
March

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Charlotte, 

If you go to a report and click on edit, you should be able to see the layout and theme settings. Under the theme tab you will be able to customize you primary and secondary colors, as well as your chart palette. 

As for customizing the color palette grid, I have not found a way to do that yet.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I agree, this is a pain.  I would love on the Layouts and Themes tab to do more than just set colors.  I would like to have a place for a title and a standard layout.  You know...an actual theme.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Thanks, Joseph!

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

This thread has been closed to new replies.

If you have a new or unanswered question related to this topic, please start a new thread and post a clear, specific and detailed question that describes your particular situation.

To start a new thread, please go to the top level of the Analytics Solutions Community, and from there, click on the board that is most closely related to your question. After that, you can click on the pink "+" sign in the lower right corner of the screen to start a new topic.

Thank you.

Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here