AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Data Studio
2.7K members online now
2.7K members online now
Ask questions about Data Studio
Guide Me
star_border

Creating a report-level date filter?

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

For a client I am working with a dataset that contains data from 2013 and on. I only want to load the data from, for example, 01-07-2016. Anyone have a thought on how to do that? Right now I cannot make visuals of a 'best of all time', because the date from before 01-07-2016 is not suited for that.

As a work-around I've been trying to create a date filter (which I then should apply to each visual individually....), but it doesn't work. Right now I have Exclude -> Date -> Less than or equal to -> 20160831. Nothing happens or changes when I apply this.

Can anyone please help me out with this?

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

Use the date filter visual (calendar icon) and set the default date range to your start date through the end of this year. It sounds like the date you want to start with is 1/7/16. Once you have your filter, right click on it, then make it "report-level" and this will apply it to every page in your dashboard.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

In order to complete the answer of Litmon, for each component that you add on the page, keep the date filter on "automatic". 

Then, if you need to do a "page/year" (2013, 2014...) , duplicate your page and change only the date filter visual (calendar icon) with your new date range.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Thanks you guys! And what do you think of the option of creating a chart filter based on Exclude -> Date -> Less than or equal to -> 20160831? You think this should theoretically work? How can I make this work?

Re: Creating a report-level date filter?

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

@Paulien V,

you can try it, but i don't like to use it. 

What you can do too, in your chart, you set "date values" from "auto" to "personalized" and you set your range date. 

date in chart .PNG