5.6K members online now
Ask questions about Data Studio
Guide Me
star_border

Creating Predictive Metrics or Dimensions in Data Studio

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I want to create a budget prediction within a line chart. I have the calculations for MTD spend, spend per day, and the like, but I need to be able to get days into month, days in month, and days left.

I know that I have to use the DATE() functionality, but getting the correct numbers is proving to be my hold up. Can anyone help me put together a formula for this?

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

eh I don't think Data studio has any predictive analytics at all, it is still a beta product, even some of the basics are not even there. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Mimoune,

I'm more looking to create a custom function to bypass the fact that there are no predictive analytics in Data Studio. It seems as though I am not able to put dimensions and metrics in the same custom function so I am trying to find a workaround. 

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

I'd love to be able to find a workaround to this too! maybe we can use some formulas to create custom metrics? any help with that? thanks! eugenio

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Guys, Data studio is a data visualization service, not a modeling software, better build your model elsewhere in R studio for example and show the chart in DS.