Guide Me
star_border

Creating Metric: Users Per Day > YTD

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello, 

I am trying to create a metric for the company I work for. I am trying to report the amount of Users Per Day, for the YTD. 

So Far I have Users / DATE_DIFF(), I am not sure what variables to use for the date difference. 

Please ask any questions if you do not understand and let me know if you have suggestions. 

Kyle

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

There is no Today() function so you can't really get a number of days since start of year.

Not sure what widget you intend to use the metric with, I think if you have the total user for each day and use a date filter to restrict to year to date only, then you might be able to run AVG() over the column to give you the avg.

Never tried this myself, just thought of this and may be you can give it a try to see if it works.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Just tried running the AVG(Users), but Re-aggregating metrics are not supported. Thanks for the suggestion, I will continue to mess around with the AVG function. 

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Well guess the issue of using a beta product is very often we might need to go extra miles to get something done while waiting for the features.

Do post here when you find a solution as I'm sure all of us want to know how to workaround it.

Thanks.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

"Re-aggregating metrics are not supported"  that's a showstopper i can't do anything meaningful without metrics that work at the dimensions levels not the row level. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hopefully Google will read this and take it to consideration. I know they will be releasing more requested features as they arise. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

You can put a today() function into a google sheets document and import it into your data source I think then just do the date comparison as you were suggesting using the start of the year and the today function.