1.6K members online now
Ask questions about Data Studio
Guide Me
star_border

Create calculated field with a filter

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am tracking an insurance online quote tool. We currently track the auto quotes with ecommerce tracking (unique purchases AND product equal to 'auto'). On the quote page, people can submit their phone numbers and request a call back from an agent (request a call back goal completions AND goal completion location contains 'auto').

I would like to create a calculation for the percentage of request call back from those who got quotes (Auto Request a call back / Auto Quotes)

I have to use ecommerce data for auto quote because the goals are not accurate. Goals track the number of unique pages to the quote confirmation page, but the quote system sends kick-out sessions to the same URL as the quote confirmation page. Goals give me a slightly higher number than eCommerce tracking.

I believe I need to create 'auto request a call back' and 'auto quotes' as a field first. Does anyone know what formula I should I use for this?

Your help is highly appreciated.

Daphne

Re: Create calculated field with a filter

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I tried the formula below to create 'auto quote' but it didn't work because unique purchases is a metric.

case when Product  ='auto' then  Unique Purchases else 0 end

Does anyone know how it can be fixed?

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

What is Unique Purchases? A number?

If I understand you correctly, a custom metric that gives you the total number of Auto Quote is what you are looking and of course the total number of callback request for auto quote.

The following should works:

Auto Quote => COUNT(CASE Product = 'auto' THEN 1 ELSE 0 END)

Auto Callback Request => COUNT(CASE Callback= TRUE THEN 1 ELSE 0 END)

% of Callback => Auto Quote / Auto Callback Request

Hope this helps.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you for your help. 

Unique purchases is a number. Auto quote = unique purchases when product = 'auto'

I tried to enter COUNT(CASE Product = 'auto' THEN 1 ELSE 0 END) but I got an error that says "could not parse formula". 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I was able to add a new field when I add the word 'when' after 'case' in the formula.

COUNT(CASE WHEN Product = 'auto' THEN 1 ELSE 0 END)

However, when I pulled the auto quote metric, it shows no data. Do you know why?