Ask questions about Data Studio
Guide Me
star_border

Create calculated field that includes a filter

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

I already have a scorecard setup like this:

Total Streams = Total Events (Filter: Include, Event Action, Equals, full-episode-start)

What is the formula to create a calculated field called "Total Streams" using this setup?

Thanks in advance!

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Cheryl B
October 2016

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

The easiest way to do this would be to create an Analytics goal because of the limitation of the CASE function as it relates to what you're trying to do here (e.g. create a new metric when an existing dimension meets a certain criteria. 

These two threads might be helpful: 

https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/Data-Studio-Reports/Pivot-dimension-in-datastudio/td-p/562...

https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/Data-Studio-Reports/Calculated-Field-Conditional-Count-ign...

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Just read your answer on the other thread and that is exactly what I was looking for, thank you!  I don't have admin rights in GA to create goals so will find out who does and make them help me.  

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

I would love to see an enhancements to Data Studio to allow creating calculated metrics based on a dimension filter. Example use case, sessions that included a specific event. We use events extensively to track interaction with specific features on the website. Thanks

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

+1 for this.  We also use a lot of events and our dashboards would be tremendously more helpful if we could do (Total Events where label is X) / (Total Events where label is y).

Re: Create calculated field that includes a filter

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 6
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

+1

In particular, a widget that could be used to display an arbitrary client-side calculation based on the value of two or more widgets (such as two filtered scorecards using segments) would be immensely useful.

Re: Create calculated field that includes a filter

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

+1 for this, would make life so much easier.

Frustrating having numbers displayed on page and not being able to do anything with them!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

+1 - Would love this!!

Using Supermetrics atm, so when i add *Facebookads + Analytics - Data Source* i get "total spending" from FacebookAds (when filtered down to specific client/campaigns)  and Goal Conversions (when filtered down to facebook/cpc) from Analytics.

But i want to show "Cost per Conversions" - with this function this would be possible Smiley Happy