Data Studio
5.1K members online now
5.1K members online now
Ask questions about Data Studio
Guide Me
star_border

Create a custom metric across multiple data sets?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

In an immedate practical sense, I am trying to create a metric (total spend) utilizing two data sources: AdWords & Google Sheets (Bing).

Extending this straightforward use case, I'd love to be able to layer in multiple data sources and ultimately create a metric -- Cost Per Lead -- that speaks to multiple data sources (AdWords, Google Analytics, Google Sheets) -- with Sheets I can utilize the Supermetrics Add-In and automatically pulls in Bing, DoubleClick, Facebook, etc -- which if functional and scalable, is a pretty huge game changer for us. I can appreciate that the broad scope of data can lead to integrity issues if it isn't speaking the same language (date?)

Based on everything I've researched and fiddled with, all signs point to no, I need some mega-frankenstein flat table in Sheets. If this is accurate, I would be curious to know whether this a possibility in the future, or if there are any other considerations to this approach.

Create a custom metric across multiple data sets?

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Have you considered uploading the cost data into GA? At Supermetrics, we also offer a product for this, check Supermetrics Uploader: http://supermetrics.com/product/supermetrics-uploader/. Currently handles Bing, Facebook and Yahoo Gemini.