2.3K members online now
Ask questions about Data Studio
Guide Me
star_border

Create a Google Data Studio Page that is simply a copy of a Google Sheet

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm trying to do something that is probably very simple and I'm overthinking it. I simply want to create a Page that pulls in a Google Sheet, exactly as it appears in the Google Sheet. I do not want GDS to calculate anything -- it's just data, with headers. I've tried to create a Table but there are no Metrics available because the data in the sheets should not get "aggregated" when it gets to GDS -- just copied straight over. Let me know if I've explained the problem adequately. 

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Rocky L
March 2017

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi @Rocky L,

This should be simple - if your metrics are getting aggregated could you change the aggregation type to MIN in your data source settings, so the numbers aren't changed?

Ben

Re: Create a Google Data Studio Page that is simply a copy of a Google Sheet

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

You would need to make all the data into dimensions so as to create a table. You can add one metric column to the sheet which will keep DS happy but you don't need to show it on the table though.

As for the order the data is in, how is it ordered on the sheet, does this change etc? You can always add a numbered first column to sheets and order descending by that column on the table.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

thank you ... I tried several Aggregation types but not that one, that seemed to work.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

thank you, that helped, after my data showed up via "min" from Ben, I did use the advice in your second paragraph Smiley Happy

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I've tried the solutions but I think there should be a simple, direct way to display text from Google Sheets in a DS table. Developers, please consider it! I do a survey and some of the data I collect is simply text answers that I want to display. I do want to be able to sort and filter the rows, but I don't like being forced to display (and maybe make transparent) a column that I don't need.