Ask questions about Data Studio
Guide Me
star_border
Highlighted

Coworkers can't view report anymore

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

People I am sharing with (all users in our G Suite org can find and view) used to be able to view the report just fine, but are all now getting an error message: "Request failed. Please refresh the page to regenerate the report. Error ID: f138c467"

2 Expert replyverified_user

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Ian L
February

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Ha! I just had these coworkers try the report again to confirm it was still broken, and it works, magically. I have made zero changes to permissions since the issue cropped up. Looks like your team already fixed the bug. I will re-open the issue and share with this email address if it happens again.

View solution in original post

All Replies

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Ian L,

Take a look at the report on your Google Drive (not in Data Studio) and see if it is still there and what the permissions are. Google Data Studio actually stores and shares all reports in your Google Drive. 

Kind Regards,

James

Re: Coworkers can't view report anymore

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks.

"Anyone at [org name that has these affected users] can find and view"

That's good enough for Google Data Studio to function, right?

Re: Coworkers can't view report anymore

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks.

"Anyone at [org name that has these affected users] can find and view"

That's good enough for Google Data Studio to function, right?

Google Employee
# 5
Google Employee

Hi Ian,

Is that error message a link? Can you click that to display more details on the error? 

What is the data source for that report? Is that also still accessible in Google Drive?

Rick

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Unfortunately, that is the message in its entirety. Each component in the report says "Authorization error. f138c467." A "See details" link reveals a modal with the error I previously shared: "Request failed. Please refresh the page to regenerate the report. Error ID: f138c467"

Does f138c467 mean anything in particular? Would it be helpful if I shared the report with you directly so you can debug? We've done this with the Google Slides for iOS team for them to debug some issues with that app.

Google Employee
# 7
Google Employee

Hi Ian,

Can you share the report and data source with data-studio-help@google.com? I'll see if I can track down that error code.

Rick

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Ian L
February

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Ha! I just had these coworkers try the report again to confirm it was still broken, and it works, magically. I have made zero changes to permissions since the issue cropped up. Looks like your team already fixed the bug. I will re-open the issue and share with this email address if it happens again.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have a similar error: 44fea5ee

I gave authorisation to data-studio-help@google.com as mentionned above. Please note that an edit user can see everything normaly but a view user sees the error.

Thanks

Google Employee
# 10
Google Employee

Hi Raphael

Could you share that report with edit access with data-studio-help@google.com? 

Thanks!

Experts in the Topic
James_Clemens
Rick E