6.2K members online now
Ask questions about Data Studio
Guide Me
star_border
Highlighted

Copying and pasting scorecards issue - how to break links to filters and segments (Google Analytics)

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

I've set up many scorecards (using Google Analytics as data source) - when I copy and paste scorecards to different report pages, a change in the filter / segment changes ALL scorecards.

When I'm copying and pasting scorecards to different pages, how can I break the links to the original copied scorecards?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author David S
6d

Copying and pasting scorecards issue - how to break links to filters and segments (Google Analytics)

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @David S (caught this on twitterSmiley Happy) you are basically editing the filter setup as a filter is a separate asset so changing it will affect all widgets which use it. In your case, I guess, you should remove the current filter and create and apply a new filter. 

To manage existing filters go to main menu Resources > Manage Filters. 

Hope it helps!

Kind regards,

Zorin

Web analyst @ escapestudio.net

View solution in original post

All Replies
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author David S
6d

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @David S (caught this on twitterSmiley Happy) you are basically editing the filter setup as a filter is a separate asset so changing it will affect all widgets which use it. In your case, I guess, you should remove the current filter and create and apply a new filter. 

To manage existing filters go to main menu Resources > Manage Filters. 

Hope it helps!

Kind regards,

Zorin

Web analyst @ escapestudio.net

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Sweet, thanks Zorin.  The funny thing is that at times, the copied scorecard doesn't inherit the origin's filter - which confused the heck out of me.  Now to be on the safe side, when I copy the scorecard, I change everything except the data source and I don't seem to have any further problems.

Thanks for the reply Smiley Happy

Experts in the Topic
Zorin Escape