AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Data Studio
2.5K members online now
2.5K members online now
Ask questions about Data Studio
Guide Me
star_border
Highlighted

Copy pages between two Data Studio report

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

I have two reports. #1 is a template, #2 is my multi page client facing report.

Is there a way to insert the page from #1 as an additional page into report #2?

I know you can copy an existing report and share an existing report, but I don't see a way to add page/slide into an existing report. 

If not, where do I go to request this feature for future updates?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

+1 this feature request

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

You could hold shift+highlight all the features of the page from template #1, then paste into a blank page on template #1 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks, but trying to copy from e.g page 4 in report #1 to page 2 in report #2. Like op said, report #1 is a template/sandbox, and #2 is report client views.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

+1 this request as well. Cant copy and paste between two reports/projects. I can see it in the paste command all the modules but they will not copy over.

Re: Copy pages between two Data Studio report

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

+1 as well

Re: Copy pages between two Data Studio report

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 7
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

In the report you want to copy to, add a new page (in the menu at the top left where you can click to other pages in the report, click on "add a new page" at the bottom of the list). Move that page to wherever in the new report you want it to be. 

Leftmenu.PNG

Once you have your blank page, then go to the report you want to copy from, CTRL-A to highlight everything, and copy it into the new page you've created. I've done this frequently and it's worked, however I think you do need to be logged in to the same google account for both reports to do this. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey Litmon,

I have actually tried this, but I had some issues when changing the resources and it was very messy.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

The method Litmon described above appears to work in Feb 2018.  The receiving file seems to be aware that the new resources need to be added too.

My only sources were Google Sheets, so maybe it doesn't work so easily for all data resources?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

+ 1 for this. This would make life a lot easier