2.3K members online now
Ask questions about Data Studio
Guide Me
star_border

Copy datasource

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I've created a report for Q1 and want to simply copy that report, it's data sources, and sheets so that all i have to do is update the numbers in my sheets. How do I do this?

Re: Copy datasource

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Do you mean this option? It will copy a report's layout and immediately give you the option to use the same data source or a different one.

copy report.PNG

Copy datasource

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you for the reply Chris. The image you attached didn't come through. I am able to copy the report but what I really want to do is copy and rename the report, data sources, and associated data sheets. Basically I want to copy everything from 1 report, rename, and just update the data in the sheets. Now if I copy the report and update the data in the sheets it updates the original report too and I want to leave that alone since it's for the first quarter. 

Copy datasource

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Sorry about that! I didn't realize the image would break. I think I understand your problem better now. I would probably use a report-level filter. The first, Q1, report would filter your data set down to only Q1 data and the second report would filter to only Q2 (or cumulative if that is the plan). This is much easier with the new filter controls that showed up recently.

Another option is to freeze the Q1 data as it's own sheet and link the Q1 report that that sheet. So you would have two copies of the report that went to individual data sources. That would prevent the old report from updating when you update the new data source.

Copy datasource

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you so much! I'll give that a shot!