AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Data Studio
3.6K members online now
3.6K members online now
Ask questions about Data Studio
Guide Me
star_border

Conversion in DS

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey everyone,

I'm new to DS and from the Netherlands, so hopefully you can understand the problem i'm having and help me with itSmiley Happy.

I want to make different graphs in DS, based on the data in a spreadsheet. This works fine, until i need to show a 'conversion percentage'. I can't seem to get this metric right. 

I don't know how to add a spreadsheet, so i'll try to make an example.

The columns and rows in my spreadsheet are like this:

Date                    Source          Contract

01-02-2016        Facebook      Yes

02-02-2016        Website         Yes

03-02-2016        Facebook      No

03-02-2016        Facebook      Yes

04-02-2016        Website         No

And so on...

I want to see the percentage of people from a certain source sign a contract (convert).

I can't seem to do this.

So i tried making extra colums in my spreadsheet, where i used the IF function (IF Facebook then '1'. IF contract = Yes, then 1). The spreadsheet is now like this: 

Date                    Source          Contract     Source Facebook?     Contract signed?

01-02-2016        Facebook      Yes              1                                    1 

02-02-2016        Website         Yes                                                     1

03-02-2016        Facebook      No                1                                 

03-02-2016        Facebook      Yes               1                                   1

04-02-2016        Website         No

And so on...

Still i can't seem to get the metric right. I tried to use the function 'Sum' in the formule but for some reason that doesn't work.

Can anyone help me with this? How can i show a conversion rate in DS?

If it's not clear, my apologies. Please let me know what information you need for making this issue clear.

Thanks in advance!