Ask questions about Data Studio
Guide Me
star_border

Connection bug PostgreSQL -Google Data Studio

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm trying to connect one of my databases to Google Data Studio but I keep getting the following error:

Unable to reach the host.

I read the help page and already added the necessary IP addresses to the pg_hba.conf file this way:

hostnossl google_data_studio all 216.239.32.0/19 md5

That is just an example, but I have added all IP addresses required for the connection, 12 in total.

The connection description in Google's help pages shows these connections are non SSL (That's why I set it to hostnossl)

I've also restarted the postgresql service.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I appear to be experiencing the same issue... I cannot even see Google DS attempting to try and contact our public edge. I am wondering if their PSQL connector service has crashed.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

The error has now progressed to 'The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request.'

I am certainly inclined to assume the internal service on the Google side has crashed.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Any solutions for this? I am having the same issue. Didn't expect such quality from a Google's product.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have given upon this issue.I do not think they are giving a high priority to support for this 'free' product.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Corey, no answer so far. I have checked on other forums as well but it seems postgres is only supported on very specific conditions. I'll have to resort to either chosing a different tool, or make some sort of quick etl between my pg db and a source which works with data studio.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Johan,

Your "quick etl" seems a good interim solution. I am reluctant to do that, because I am worried Google might shut down this product as they aren't supporting it and aren't making money from it either.