2.2K members online now
Ask questions about Data Studio
Guide Me
star_border

Connecting to Google Cloud SQL

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I can't seem to connect Data Studio to my Google Cloud SQL server instance, when I try to connect I get the following message: 

"The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request."

The google cloud SQL instance normally only accept connections from specific IP addresses but I would assume that connecting from the same google account would not result in an issue. (I did get some window where I had to accept making a connection). 

Any help would be more than welcome since I'm very excited to use this product! :-) 

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Louis-Philippe K
May 2017

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

My problem was that I had to add the following IP addresses to the white-list of the Cloud SQL instance: 

64.18.0.0/20
64.233.160.0/19
66.102.0.0/20
66.249.80.0/20
72.14.192.0/18
74.125.0.0/16
173.194.0.0/16
207.126.144.0/20
209.85.128.0/17
216.239.32.0/19

This solved the problem for me, hope it does the same for you! 

View solution in original post

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have been getting this error also.  Have you solved it?

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Louis-Philippe K
May 2017

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

My problem was that I had to add the following IP addresses to the white-list of the Cloud SQL instance: 

64.18.0.0/20
64.233.160.0/19
66.102.0.0/20
66.249.80.0/20
72.14.192.0/18
74.125.0.0/16
173.194.0.0/16
207.126.144.0/20
209.85.128.0/17
216.239.32.0/19

This solved the problem for me, hope it does the same for you! 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Ah, that did it, thanks.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi

I entered all the IP addresses to the white-list but still getting the same error.

"The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request."

Funny but I didn't find in any of google official documentation the IP list that was listed.

Thanks

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I just connected

I had to refresh the datastudio page after adding the white list

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am an admin on KLICKOSITIVE.COM, using Google Cloud for that website. But there is a problem, about Disks. Initially had two SSD persistent disks. The first SSD persistent disk is 20 GB and the second persistent disk SSD is 100 GB. However, I accidentally changed the first persistent disk SSD to 10,000 GB or 10 TB. This is accidentally done, because of its own mistake. Initially my website could not be accessed and to get into SSH. 10 TB is certainly very harmful. Can Google return the original size to 20 GB?

Google Employee
# 8
Google Employee

Hi Klik P,

I'm sorry you're having trouble. You might want to post that question in the Cloud SQL forum. This forum is specifically for Data Studio-related questions. 

Best regards,

Rick

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

On your support page

https://support.google.com/datastudio/answer/7020436?hl=en&ref_topic=7332343

It states in Aug'17, that we do not need to whitelist IP addresses.

I tried to create a new connection today. But I am unable to connect to a Google Cloud SQL database. I receive the error.

----------

Error Details

Can't connect to the database. Please double check your connection parameters. Learn more about database connectors here.

Error ID: dd40e6bd

---------

Re: Connecting to Google Cloud SQL

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I am also getting the same problem, see below. I am trying to connect to my own cloud sql instance, I am the "owner". I have tried giving my work email account "client access", but also get the same error there. There are no "Access denied for user .... " error logs in my cloud sql instance, so the problem is not with the username or password. 

I am not whitelisting any IPs since the documentation states it is not required, https://support.google.com/datastudio/answer/7020436?hl=en.

Has anyone been able to connect to a CloudSQL instance from Data Studio lately?

Error Details: The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request. Error ID: 50b06f09