AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Data Studio
4.7K members online now
4.7K members online now
Ask questions about Data Studio
Guide Me
star_border

Connecting Searchmetrics to Google Data Studio

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, 

I wonder whether it is possible to add Searchmetrics as a data source in Goolge Data Studio.

I have not seen such an option available, but maybe someone figured out how this could be done? 

It would be cool to have a scrip in Google sheets which  will allow you to pull data from Searchmetrics. Have you managed to do it or do you use an add-on which allows for pulling data from Searchmetrics. If so, which one do you use. 

I am looking forward to hearing from you. 

Cheers,

Marta

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Marta,

There isn't an official connection available for Searchmetrics right now, so you;d have to get the data out of Searchmetrics and into a database or spreadsheet as you've suggested. I'm not aware of any Google Sheets addons that do this right now, but I can see that Searchmetrics do provide API access, so in theory you could automate a data flow to another source which could then be connected to DataStudio.

Hope that helps,

Ben

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Probably you could work via Google Sheets using middleware like {strikethrough}apiant.com{/strikethrough}. Edit 05-05: never mind. They act like they have this connection already, but they don't.

Not sure if there is any other middleware that talks to the SearchMetrics API?

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

@Marta B

I saw this, it can be interested you. 

The way to export SearchMetrics in Excel via api or data via an add on called "SeaTools"

Excel Add-Ins for Searchmetrics Data

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Marta,

You can use Supermetrics (see https://supermetrics.com/integrations ) to pull our data into Google Sheets. And then get it into Google Data Studio from there. We have already looked into building a proper Google Data Studio connector. However there were too many limitations. We will revisit the topic at some point in the future.

Best,

Malte