AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Data Studio
4.7K members online now
4.7K members online now
Ask questions about Data Studio
Guide Me
star_border

Connecting Data Studio to Google Form responses

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello - I have created Google Forms to collect data.  The format in which the data is then put into Google Sheets is not in a format that Google Data Studio can use.  I want to display my data in line charts over time, but if the Google Form asks "number of times in Feb," Data Studio doesn't have a Date dimension to use, only a Timestamp dimension of when the person filled out the form.  Has anyone been able to get Data Studio to use the Google Forms' response sheets or been able to edit the format of the response sheet?  Thanks

Re: Connecting Data Studio to Google Form responses

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

@Kristene C

If you want your "number of times in Feb" as dimension, you will have to convert it. 

By default, this field is recognized as a metric.

When you are in Data Studio, go to edit your data source, you will see all your fields in your data source. 

Then create a new field "DimNumberTimes" with the formula CAST(number of times in Feb AS TEXT)

Now you can use this field as Dimension in your chart.

Connecting Data Studio to Google Form responses

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

By the way, if you want to edit your Google Forms' response sheets. 

When you are in your google form, click to see the response. 

You have a small icon who allow you to export your response in a Google Spreadsheet. 

It will be better to edit format and to organize your data.

After, in Data Studio, you will have only to add your Google Spreadsheet as new data source.