3.2K members online now
Ask questions about Data Studio
Guide Me
star_border

Connect an account to Data Studio

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm in charge of some clients for their SEO strategy and I want to connect differents account to the Google Data Studio then choose which one I need the report.

Does anyone know how to connect all my clients accounts to the Data Studio and choose one of them to manage the client report ? 

Thanks for all the replies.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

I'm not 100% sure I understand your question (what do you mean by "connect your clients account to Data Studio?")

You can share a Data Studio report or data source with anyone with a Google account. You choose whether they can just view or can edit the report / data source.

If you are a Google for Work customer, you can share objects with anyone in your org via a link.

You can also manage access via Drive folders. 

The "Share reports" video tutorial on this page explains sharing in greater detail: 

https://support.google.com/360suite/datastudio/answer/6390659

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

How do you connect data sources from different Google accounts in one report? For example, I am signed in with my google account, how do I connect to a data source from an analytics created under a different google account? 

Thanks!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Ok, I just answered my own question, so in the event someone else is looking here it is. And I believe what I did was mentioned somewhere in the docs previously. 

I was trying to link to a Google analytics property in another google account from my google account.  The only thing you need to do, in the Other Google analytics property, under Admin -> User Management, add or have someone add you as a user with at least 'Edit' privileges.  That's it. 

Back in data studio under your account, go ahead and connect, when you click through, all GA properties you have 'Edit' privileges for will show up. Select the property you want. Hope this helps someone.