Ask questions about Data Studio
Guide Me
star_border

Configuration Error while connected direct to BQ

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi All,

I hit an error which is configuration Error. The error is telling me the query is hitting "From Clause Error" but im using Direct connection to BQ. Not custom Query.Capture.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Mohd Hasnun Hisyam Bin Mohd Ali -
December 2016

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

Issue has been solved. The reason is because im using shard table in BQ which is not reflect in the date range.

For example. I have 3 shard table

DATA_20161228

DATA_20161229

DATA_20161230

but in the data studio my Default date selection is 20161226 to 20161227, then it will not captured the data in those table.If u selection is 20161228 to 20161230, then datastudio can load the data.

Hope this will help.

View solution in original post

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Are you by any chance trying to query a "federated table," i.e. a bigquery table that was created by connecting a Google Sheet or some other external data source?

Data Studio is currently having issues connecting to federated bigquery tables.  The devs are looking into the issue though, so hopefully this will be fixed soon. 

If you are not using federated tables, then I'm not sure what would cause your particular issue in this case. It's strange that it would even be using a wildcard for a direct connection. 

If you happen to figure out what the issue is, would you mind posting it? I have been running into similar issues with Bigquery and have not found too many solutions so far.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Mohd Hasnun Hisyam Bin Mohd Ali -
December 2016

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

Issue has been solved. The reason is because im using shard table in BQ which is not reflect in the date range.

For example. I have 3 shard table

DATA_20161228

DATA_20161229

DATA_20161230

but in the data studio my Default date selection is 20161226 to 20161227, then it will not captured the data in those table.If u selection is 20161228 to 20161230, then datastudio can load the data.

Hope this will help.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Are you querying multiple tables using a Custom Query in Data Studio, or do you connect to a single table and Data Studio automatically queries the related Date partitioned tables based on the Date range selected with Data Studio's Date filter widget?

If you are using a Custom Query, would you mind sharing it?

I am also joining multiple Bigquery tables in DS, and I am considering partitioning the tables by Date to improve efficiencies, but I only want to partition the tables if I can dynamically Query multiple, date partitioned tables from Data Studio. 

Thanks.