Data Studio
4.1K members online now
4.1K members online now
Ask questions about Data Studio
Guide Me
star_border

Computed field to get conversion rate from a filtered Source(x) and Event Action(x) using Scorecard

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I want to get the conversion rate for a specific source, for example "from_somewhere" so i try this formula.

SUM(CASE WHEN (Source = "from_somewhere") THEN 1 ELSE 0 END)

I also create another field for Event Action "lead" something like this:

SUM(CASE WHEN (Event Action = "lead") THEN 1 ELSE 0 END)

and lastly i created a field named it Conversion rate with this formula:

Lead / Source from Somewhere

But it didn't give me the right answer.

Any helpful solution/suggestions?

Thank you!

Computed field to get conversion rate from a filtered Source(x) and Event Action(x) using Scorecard

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Emmanuel,

Could you advise what result are you getting back and how is it different from what you expect?

Thank you

Re: Computed field to get conversion rate from a filtered Source(x) and Event Action(x) using Scorec

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Ben P wrote:

Hi Emmanuel,

Could you advise what result are you getting back and how is it different from what you expect?

Thank you

HI Ben,
I just want to compute two field to get Chat conversion please see attached image:

Chat Lead Divided by Texas to get Texas Chat Conversion

it should be 2 / 23 = 8.7% But as you can see the result was 16.7%

scorecard.jpg

Just to note: the formula i use was based on the thread:

https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/Data-Studio-Reports/Calculating-a-value-from-several-event...

Any ideas how to get the right result?

Thanks for your quick reply Ben!

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Emmanuel,

There seems to be some issue with summing aggregations as referenced in the thread you linked, and in several other questions people have raised on the forums. If anyone reading this can confirm/deny then please do! That said, it's hard to tell how it would effect your sum above because it looks like it should work. Are you able to drop the individual calculations into a table to show them before they are calculated and check the numbers?

Ben

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

HI Ben,

Seems i cannot get the result i want,

Btw, in calculated field, when i add field to get the the Users by a particular Region like from "Texas" i use this formula:

SUM(CASE WHEN (Region="Texas") THEN 1 ELSE 0 END) 

but the result is between 1 and 0 instead of the total Users from Region"Texas".

Is there any way(Formula) to get the total number of Users from Source "Texas" in calculated field other than sum?